Investment Associate - VC
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, antwerp
Fortino Capital is a European B2B Software and Tech investment firm investing both in Venture Capital and in Private Equity.
We are looking for a new colleague in the VC team who will predominantly focus on the Belgian and French markets.
As an Investment Associate, you will work across all phases of the VC investment process: sourcing, due diligence, deal structuring, value creation, portfolio management, and exit.
From day one, you'll be a highly independent member of the investment team and play an active role in the origination of new investment opportunities
- You'll proactively build a VC and Founder network
- Engage with many young start-ups to source new investment opportunities that are aligned with Fortino's investment strategy
- Develop a strong knowledge of investment trends in the technology world and in particular of B2B software
- You're able to connect, engage with entrepreneurs, be able to spot opportunities and move deals forward within the Fortino organization
Lead deal execution together with other members of the Investment Team
- Conduct all necessary market research, competitive analysis, modelling needed to build conviction on deal opportunities
- Support the drafting and presenting of Investment memos for approval by Fortino's Investment Committee
- Drive key due diligence workstreams, including day-to-day interactions with external advisors
- Participate to negotiations, structuring and completion of transaction documentation
Provide operational support for the Fortino's companies within Venture Capital
- Follow-up of portfolio companies, actively engaging with management, while successfully teaming up with Fortino (either internal or external) Board member; focused on driving value to our companies
- Work closely with selected portfolio companies and their management teams in implementing their value creation strategy
Become a true ambassador at and outside Fortino Capital
- Build and maintain a network across advisors and industry experts in order to best position Fortino for future investment opportunities
Contribute to Fortino organization, taking up some “office responsibilities”, e.g. tools owner, interns owner, fun committee supporting some of the crucial activities for our internal operations.
You will already have between 2-4 years professional experience in VC, investment banking, consulting or in a tech start-up.
You're Smart: you've got strong analytical & technical skills in order to source and convert the right opportunities
You're hungry: You're a proactive overachiever, intrinsically driven, able to work independently and with persistence
Agile and flexible: You'll get to take ownership of multiple projects, switching between work streams, you can handle changing priorities & directions
Likeable: As you will connect with entrepreneurs, you'll need to build rapport and trust with C-level and team members alike, you'll have a mature presence, professionally groomed but not too smooth, positive mindset
Hands-on mentality: You're able to go beyond the academic analysis, you'll love getting your hands dirty alongside portfolio management teams
Integrity: You're honest, you show a consistent and uncompromising adherence to strong moral and ethical principles and values
Language Skills: You'll be fluent in English and French, Dutch or German would be a bonus!
Fortino is a leading B2B software venture capital and growth equity firm with offices in Antwerp and Amsterdam.
We leverage our international network, C-level, and entrepreneurial experience to help European SaaS companies scale faster and more sustainably than the competition.
Get in touch in the following ways for an informal confidential chat:
· Send me a connection request mentioning the role
· Ping me an Inmail
· Email me on email@example.com
· Or simply hit the apply button