Investment Manager - Growth Equity
Germany, Bayern, MunichGrowth/PE
Investment Manager – Growth Equity
Start Date: ASAP
Is your independence being stifled?
With us, from day one, you'll be a highly independent member of the investment team and play an active role in the origination of new investment opportunities.
You will join us at an exciting time where you'll be one of the first people on the ground in our new German office in Munich.
You'll report into Philipp, he'll give you the guidance to succeed and the freedom to act.
You'll join the Fortino growth equity team and predominantly focus on the German market.
You will work across all phases of the growth equity investment process: sourcing, due diligence, deal structuring, value creation, portfolio management, and exit.
- You'll proactively build a deal sourcing network across the German Growth Equity ecosystem
- Engage with many maturing start-ups to source new investment opportunities that are aligned with Fortino's investment strategy
- Develop a strong knowledge of investment trends in the technology world and in particular of B2B software
- You're able to connect, engage with entrepreneurs, be able to spot opportunities and move deals forward within the Fortino organization
Lead deal execution together with other members of the Investment Team
- Conduct all necessary market research, competitive analysis and modelling needed to build conviction on deal opportunities
- Support the drafting and presenting of Investment memos for approval by Fortino's Investment Committee
- Drive key due diligence workstreams, including day-to-day interactions with external advisors
- Participate to negotiations, structuring and completion of transaction documentation
Provide operational support for the Fortino companies within Growth Equity
- Follow-up of portfolio companies, actively engaging with management, while successfully teaming up with Fortino (either internal or external) Board member; focused on driving value to our companies
- Work closely with selected portfolio companies and their management teams in implementing their value creation strategy
Become a true ambassador at and outside Fortino Capital
- Build and maintain a network across advisors and industry experts in order to best position Fortino for future investment opportunities
Contribute to the Fortino organization, taking up some “office responsibilities”, e.g. tools owner, interns owner, fun committee supporting some of the crucial activities for our internal operations.
You will already have between 3-5 years professional experience in PE or M&A in a Tier 1 bank/top boutique. Experience in a tech-company is a plus.
You're Smart: you've got strong analytical & technical skills in order to source and convert the right opportunities
You're hungry: You're a proactive overachiever, intrinsically driven, able to work independently and with persistence
Agile and flexible: You'll get to take ownership of multiple projects, switching between work streams, you can handle changing priorities & directions
Likeable: As you will connect with entrepreneurs, you'll need to build rapport and trust with C-level and team members alike, you'll have a mature presence, professionally groomed but not too smooth, positive mindset
Hands-on mentality: You're able to go beyond the academic analysis, you'll love getting your hands dirty alongside portfolio management teams
Integrity: You're honest, you show a consistent and uncompromising adherence to strong moral and ethical principles and values
Language Skills: You'll be fluent in English and German
Fortino is a leading B2B software venture capital and growth equity firm with offices in Antwerp, Amsterdam and Munich.
We leverage our international network, C-level, and entrepreneurial experience to help European SaaS companies grow with confidence.